Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ooops, his bad

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been moving.  Actually, I think I'm just apologizing to myself cause I haven't actually given this web address out to anyone except Em.  So funny story:

Husband and I were invited to go to the Marriage Enhancement class at church.  They challenged us this week to "put the romance back into our relationship."  Don't worry, this is G-rated.  So its become a joke between us.  For example, I find a cheesy poem, give it to husband, and say, "Look, I've put the romance back in our relationship-- your turn."  

So we're unpacking boxes from college and he comes across something and hands it to me.  He says, "Here's romance for you."  This is what the paper says:

Husand's hand writing: "Has anyone told you lately how good looking you are-- especially in red?"

Someone else's hand writing NOT MINE: "No, not lately.  I don't know what to say to that.  I have been trying to think of something but nothing sounds right.  So I guess you have me at a loss of words which doesn't happen very often."  (Umm... lame!)

So I say to my husband: ""Um, this isn't my hand writing."

Husband: (Misses a beat) "Yes it is."

Me: "No, its not.  Yeah, that was romantic."

His bad.  And FYI, my response would have been WAY better.


3 comments:

Em said...

Oh wow...that's funny stuff!

Faith said...

Poor Husband! Too funny.

Unknown said...

That is the best