Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Costco Isn't Taking Part in the Recession

Background: I hate shopping in crowds.  Ok, I hate shopping, but I REALLY hate shopping in crowds.  Therefore, I've had all my Christmas shopping done for awhile and lately I've been buying our food late at night so I don't have to deal with rude and pushy Christmas shoppers.

Much to my dismay, we accidentally left our Christmas dinner roast in the car overnight.  Gross.  The next morning when I found it my car smelled like raw meat and the meat itself looked a little black-- it made me want to throw up a little.  So not only did my $17 roast become dog food, I had to go to Costco today.

I went right before closing time and the parking lot was very full, but not completely.  Everyone looked stressed out, but at least I could maneuver my cart somewhat.  I got my second roast and got in line.  The lady in front of me said she worked at Costco and that morning when they opened, there was 1100 people waiting to get in the door and the check out lines went all the way to the back of the store.  Holy moly.  

The moral of this story is:
1- Don't leave raw meat in the car overnight.
2-Don't go to Costco when it opens, go when it closes.

You're welcome.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

that totally sucks about your roast. crazy.